Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Twitter Two Dollar House Challenge

Evan Courtney is someone I have been following on Twitter. He and his wife are in the process of making an offer on a new house and only $5,000 separates them from their first home. He decided put a call out to all his Twitter followers for a $2 donation. I thought this was a creative way to reach a large audience (I think he has something like 2500 followers) and it's a relatively small donation for each individual. So, if you would like to help a couple get into their first home out of the kindness of your heart you can do so by clicking the image. You can check out his blog here.

3 comments:

mdmadph said...

Seriously... what kind of world do we live in where rich people ask for donations?

I don't get it -- $5K to "seal the deal?" Are they paying for the thing in cash? Because if it's just the for the down payment, that's their problem.

evan said...

Thanks Kevin.

TV de LCD said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.