Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Fall color at the Morton Arboretum

I have lived in the Chicago area most of my life and have only been to the Morton Arboretum in Lisle a couple times. I made it a goal this year to get over there this fall and practice some nature photography. I took the day off from work since it is my birthday and decided it would be a perfect day for it. The rain that was forecast for today was pushed off until tomorrow and the sun was out.

I grabbed my Nikon D50 and only my Nikkor 50mm 1.8D lens. I wanted to constrain myself to this lens since it is a sharp lens and I wanted to see what I could do with it. My wife and youngest daughter joined me on the trip. The arboretum has a great children garden area with plenty to keep them entertained. With the expectation of spending more time there we signed up for the family membership so now we can go anytime without paying the entry fee.

It was a fantastic day for exploring. The sun was out, it was 65 degrees and a cool breeze. The trees are showing their fall colors. We stayed on the East side. I hiked one of the loop trails and then all of us drove the entire East loop.

Here is a link to the photo set on Flickr.

No comments: